Why You Should Take This Course
The 'How To Make An Effective POINT During Meetings' mini-course will help you to be precise and take action when it's your turn to speak at your next meeting. Based on a proven 5-Step System and using the word POINT as an easy-to-remember acronym you'll learn:
- Prepare, as in, the most effective ways to research, interact with your colleagues and also how to confidently build in 'blue-sky' time to allow for maximum creative problem solving when it comes to getting ready to speak at a meeting
- Optimize, as in, how to rehearse and deliver a concise 'elevator' pitch that will immediately impress your whole meeting team when you actually state your point
- Invite feedback, as in, how to listen effectively and make the most out of your colleagues' first reaction to your idea
- Name the hurdles and solutions
- Take action
What You Can Expect
- You'll get a roadmap that will ensure that you are ready to speak concisely and take action during any meeting
- A downloadable checklist that you can keep at your desk to remind you about this step-by-step process
- 1 hour Professional Development Credit equivalent
- You'll also learn how to save time and get more done during meetings
I love meetings!
Doesn't that sound strange?
And out of the 2000 meetings that I have run or participated in I can honestly say that I only started loving meetings in the last few hundred. That's because today I work successfully as a Professional Meeting Facilitator and Consultant, helping people to become more productive by making sure their meetings are fantastic.
What happened before this? I was a corporate employee, working for a large company, and going to endless, pointless meetings. So I really understand when people say things like, "I hate meetings" or, "That meeting could have been an email". And because of those horrible meeting experiences I am now on a mission to change the world, one meeting at a time.
Because think about it. What if every meeting you attended, at work or as a volunteer, was productive and inspiring? How great would that be for you, your team, your organization, your customers, your clients and more?
I also wrote "How To Create Awesome Meetings", a successful book that offers easy-to-follow steps to help you make your meetings more profitable (available on www.Amazon.com). In fact, the course you are enrolling in is based on field tested concepts in the book.
I also Produce the Create Awesome Meetings Podcast where you'll get fantastic tips and inspiration, as well as hear from wonderful guests who share their stories and insights to help you have more effective meetings (available on iTunes or at www.createawesomemeetings.com)
As for credentials I am proud of my 25 years of work experience which combines well with a Masters Degree in Business Administration, a Bachelor's Degree in Drama and Prosci Change Management Certification. This bundle helps me to focus on people while always keeping the big picture in mind to deliver fast, strategic results.
If you'd like to learn more about me and what I do, please visit www.createawesomemeetings.com.
Enjoy the course!